Brighton Speaker Schedule
Take a look at our speaker schedule for our new event, Nursing Times Careers Live Brighton. This year we're focusing on giving back to hard working nurses, which is why our Careers Live series in 2019 will focus on some well-deserved R&R - resources and rewards! Whether you're looking to be inspired by the experts of the profession, after hints and tips on how to prepare for an interview or wish to benefit from practical career development advice, don't miss our CPD accredited talks taking place throughout the day to empower you to progress in your career.
Keep checking back as more speakers will be added to the line-up in the coming weeks.
Chair: Steve Ford, editor, Nursing Times
Exhibition open and networking
This year we continue to build on our exhibition features. Make sure to visit our range of exhibitors with exciting job opportunities available. Gain free advice on revalidation, and CPD activities like our NT Journal Clubs in our CPD Clinic.
Quality at the heart of our organisation
This session will explore Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals improvement journey and the fantastic support available for staff
- Better ways of working that make our staff outstanding
- Promoting equality, diversity and the development of our workforce
- Ensuring all staff feel valued
Nicola Ranger, chief nurse, Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust
Be part of a community that cares
This session will explore what it's like to work with Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust
- The career pathways available that are as individual as you
- Why we're one of the best community trusts in the country for equal opportunities for career progression
- Insights and personal experience from staff that work there
Lucy Scragg, deputy chief nurse, Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust
Lunch break and networking
Take advantage of our free lunch, refreshments and our first prize draw. There will also be the opportunity to pamper yourself so be sure to visit our hair and makeup specialists to treat yourself.
To enter, visit 12 or more exhibitors and collect their stand codes to be in with the chance for some well deserved rewards.
Student reception and preceptorships
This session is an opportunity for student nurses and newly qualified nurses to learn more about what to expect on preceptorships. From what to ask a potential employer about the support they offer, through to exploring the realities of the job from day one. Meet our NT rising stars and student editors to learn about their experience and advice on advancing in your role.
- Worried about what's expected on placements and preceptorship programmes?
- Find out what else can you get involved with to make your CV stand out
Felicity Allman, third year, mental health nursing, University of Plymouth
Spotlight on - Events shaping the future of nursing
This session will explore
- Understanding how constraints on funding and rising demand from ageing populations are shaping the future of care
- Making sense of the NHS 10 Year Plan - what does it mean for nursing?
David Maguire, senior analyst, policy, The King's Fund
Unleashing your potential
This session will explore the skills and motivation needed to perform your best at work
- Uncover and analyse your key motivators
- Align your motivation to your goals at work
- Advice and guidance to perform your best
Ruth Oshikanlu, coach and managing director, Goal Mind
Final prize draw
To enter, visit 12 or more exhibitors and collect their stand codes to be in with a chance of winning £500 in holiday vouchers!
Join us for a drink and enjoy some live entertainment to wrap up a great day of R&R