Liverpool Speaker Schedule
Take a look at our speaker schedule for our new event, Nursing Times Careers Live Liverpool. This year we're focusing on giving back to hard working nurses, which is why our Careers Live series in 2019 will focus on some well-deserved R&R - resources and rewards! Whether you're looking to be inspired by the experts of the profession, after hints and tips on how to prepare for an interview or wish to benefit from practical career development advice, don't miss our talks taking place throughout the day to empower you to progress in your career.
Keep checking back as more speakers will be added to the line-up in the coming weeks.
Chair: Steve Ford, editor, Nursing Times
Exhibition open and networking
This year we continue to build on our exhibition features. Make sure to visit our range of exhibitors with exciting job opportunities available. Gain free advice on revalidation, and CPD activities like our NT Journal Clubs in our CPD Clinic. Plus, we will have more information on our NT Workforce Winners to announce soon, giving you the chance to learn more about great places to work across the country
Liaison mental health nursing - A day in the life of a nurse that is different every day
This session will explore an exciting and diverse area of mental health nursing. Liaison mental health services provide integrated mental health care within non-mental health settings for people of all ages. We will explore:
- The role of the nurse within our teams and the pathways into this area of practice
- How our services all across Greater Manchester are developing rapidly
Josephine Williams, senior practitioner for nursing, Salford Liaison Mental Health Team
Working with Shaw Healthcare
This session will explore one of the UK's leading health and social care providers with the unique attribute of being majority owned by it's employees:
- Values of wellness, happiness and kindness that apply to all we do
- Excellent career opportunities and regular training to help you achieve senior roles
Lunch break and networking
Take advantage of our free lunch, refreshments and our first prize draw. There will also be the opportunity to pamper yourself so be sure to visit our hair and makeup specialists to treat yourself.
To enter, visit 12 or more exhibitors and collect their stand codes to be in with the chance for some well deserved rewards.
Student reception and preceptorships
This session is an opportunity for student nurses and newly qualified nurses to learn more about what to expect on preceptorships. From what to ask a potential employer about the support they offer, through to exploring the realities of the job from day one. Meet our NT rising stars and student editors to learn about their experience and advice on advancing in your role.
- Worried about what's expected on placements and preceptorship programmes?
- Find out what else can you get involved with to make your CV stand out
Craig Davidson, third year, adult nursing student, Glasgow Caledonian University
Spotlight on - Events shaping the future of nursing
This session will explore
- Understanding how constraints on funding and rising demand from ageing populations are shaping the future of care
- Making sense of integreated care systems (ICS), integrated care partnerships (ICP) and sustainable transformation partnerships (STP) - what does it mean for nursing?
- Exploring self-care and how this will shape nursing in the future
Jonathan Webster, director of nursing, NHS England
Imposter syndrome: Overcoming self-doubt that can come with a new role
Imposter syndrome is common and said to be experienced by 70% of the population at some time in their lives. This session will help to raise awareness, offer solutions to overcome it and build your confidence to achieve your potential.
- Avoiding imposter syndrome become destructive
- Encouraging realistic self-views
Stephanie John, adult nurse lecturer, Swansea University
Final prize draw
To enter, visit 12 or more exhibitors and collect their stand codes to be in with a chance of winning £500 in holiday vouchers!
Join us for a drink and enjoy some live entertainment to wrap up a great day of R&R