London Speaker Schedule
Take a look at our speaker schedule for Nursing Times Careers Live London. Whether you're looking to be inspired by the experts of the profession, after hints and tips on how to prepare for an interview or wish to benefit from practical career development advice, don't miss our CPD accredited talks taking place throughout the day.
Keep checking back as more speakers will be added to the line-up in the coming weeks.
Chair: Steve Ford, editor, Nursing Times
Exhibition open and networking
This year we have lots more exciting exhibition features. Make sure to visit our range of exhibitors with exciting job opportunities. Gain FREE advice on revalidation, CPD activities and the chance to win prizes at our NT Learning Zone and Yes! Nurse for cool freebies!
Supporting diversity and inclusion in senior roles
This session will explore how Barts Health NHS Trust are supporting diversity in their workforce.
- Proactively supporting improvements in under representation
- Creating cultures of engagement to support career development
- Exploring how we delivered a compassionate and inclusive work environment
- Examples of achievements made
Barts Health NHS Trust
Content to be confirmed soon
Take advantage of our free lunch, refreshments and our first prize draw. There will also be the opportunity to pamper yourself so be sure to visit our hair and makeup specialists to treat yourself
To enter, visit 12 or more exhibitors and collect their stand codes to be in with the chance for some well deserved rewards.
Student reception and preceptorships
This session is an opportunity for student nurses and newly qualified nurses to learn more about what to expect on preceptorships. From what to ask a potential employer about the support they offer, through to exploring the realities of the job from day one. Meet one of our NT student editors and rising stars to learn about their experience and advice on advancing in your role.
- Worried about what's expected on placements and preceptorship programmes?
- What else can you get involved with to make your CV stand out?
Spotlight on - Future nurse standards
This session is an opportunity to learn how new standards for nurse education will shape the future of nursing.
- Equipping nurses to match the demands and ambitions of the role
- Improving understanding across all four fields of practice with an emphasis on mental health
- Greater emphasis on teamwork and leadership
Nurse led innovation – How to turn your ideas into reality
This session will explore:
- An example of nurse led innovation to improve the quality of patient care
- Inspiration to strive for improvements in your own organisation
- Turning ideas into reality
Gillian Taylor, clinical nurse consultant Marsden
Final prize draw
To enter, visit 12 or more exhibitors and collect their stand codes to be in with a chance of winning £500 in holiday vouchers!
Join us for a drink and enjoy some live entertainment to wrap up a great day of R&R.