London Speaker Schedule
Take a look at our speaker schedule for Nursing Times Careers Live London. Whether you're looking to be inspired by the experts of the profession, after hints and tips on how to prepare for an interview or wish to benefit from practical career development advice, don't miss our talks taking place throughout the day.
Keep checking back as more speakers will be added to the line-up in the coming weeks.
How to thrive as a newly qualified nurse
Clinical nurse consultant
Director of nursing
Matron for dental hospital
ophthalmology and ENT outpatients, The Royal London Hospital, Barts Health NHS Trust
Senior nurse for peri-operative medicine
The Royal London Hospital, Barts Health NHS Trust
Chair: Steve Ford, editor, Nursing Times
Exhibition open and networking
This year we have lots more exciting exhibition features. Make sure to visit our range of exhibitors with exciting job opportunities. Gain FREE advice on revalidation, CPD activities and the chance to win prizes at our NT Learning Zone and Yes! Nurse for cool freebies!
What makes Barts Health NHS Trust an employer of choice
This session will explore what makes Barts Health NHS Trust a great place to work.
- The professional developments available
- Insights and personal experience from the staff that work there
Nicola Rudkin, senior nurse for peri-operative medicine, The Royal London Hospital, Barts Health NHS Trust
Natalie Poole, matron for dental hospital, ophthalmology and ENT outpatients, The Royal London Hospital, Barts Health NHS Trust
Managing difficult conversations
This session will look at workplace challenges and fears. Discussing how to build personal resilience and develop assertiveness skills, to better prepare you when facing challenges from colleagues or patients
Dawn Jones managing director, Hope Place
Take advantage of our free lunch, refreshments and our first prize draw. There will also be the opportunity to pamper yourself so be sure to visit our hair and makeup specialists to treat yourself
To enter, visit 12 or more exhibitors and collect their stand codes to be in with the chance for some well deserved rewards.
Student reception and preceptorships
This session is an opportunity for student nurses and newly qualified nurses to learn more about what to expect on preceptorships. With advice on how to thrive as a newly qualified nurse
- How to choose your first nursing post and secure the job you really want
- Working in teams, prioritising care-giving and delegating to others
- Understanding safe staffing, patient acuity, dependency tools, care planning and risk assessment tools
- How to escalate concerns and report incidents
Carol Forde-Johnston, author, How to thrive as a newly qualified nurse
Spotlight on - Events shaping the future of nursing
This session will explore
- Understanding how constraints on funding and rising demand from ageing populations are shaping the future of care
- Making sense of the NHS 10 Year Plan - what does it mean for nursing?
Jonathan Webster, director of nursing, NHS England
Nurse led innovation – How to turn your ideas into reality
This session will explore:
- An example of nurse led innovation to improve the quality of patient care
- Inspiration to strive for improvements in your own organisation
- Turning ideas into reality
Gillian Taylor, clinical nurse consultant Marsden
Final prize draw
To enter, visit 12 or more exhibitors and collect their stand codes to be in with a chance of winning £500 in holiday vouchers!
Join us for a drink and enjoy some live entertainment to wrap up a great day of R&R.